Stubborn Stains On Your Uggs
We are glad you love your uggs, like most Aussies. As the weather gets cooler, we reach out for our trusty paid on uggs to keep us warm throughout winter.
They are warm, comfy, breathable and sturdy enough to make the quick dash around the corner to the store but are prone to staining which can make cleaning complicated.
We understand that your pair of uggs can get stained. Here are some tips on how to help remove stubborn stains from your uggs.
Tip: Never put your uggs in the washing machine or use any liquid on them. As Sheepskin suede is porous, it will absorb anything. Therefore if you wet them, they will stain a darker colour.
If you are having trouble removing stains from your Ugg boots, then you are in the right place. Ugg Boots are one of the most comfortable shoes that you can wear, they are soft and versatile shoes that can complement almost any outfit. Which is just a few of the reasons they have become so popular.
If you wear your Ugg boots often you may notice that they have a few stains on them. These stains can be stubborn and might even leave you feeling frustrated. The last thing you want to do is try to clean these boots in a way that may end up damaging them. After all, Ugg boots are made from sheepskin so you must be cautious when cleaning them.
Luckily, you will never have to worry about figuring out how to clean your Ugg boots. This article has everything you need to know about removing stains from Ugg boots and leaving your shoe looking as good as new. If you want to find out just how to clean the outside of your uggs, check out here. Including a few tips to help you keep your boots in the best condition, so you can wear your comfy shoes when and wherever you want.
How to Remove Stains from UGG Boots?
Whether you are trying to find a way to remove an easy stain or even the most stubborn from your Ugg boots, there is a way you can try to remove them all. Espcially if your kids are wearing uggs, they aren't as carful is us. The first thing you need to figure out before trying to remove a stain is figuring out what type of stain your Ugg boot has on it. Once you do, then you can use the following ways to remove the type of stain that is preventing you from wearing your most comfortable shoe:
How to remove liquid stains (Water, oil, mud etc)
- Rub plain white chalk on the stained area and leave it overnight
- Use a suede brush (a nail brush or toothbrush will also do the job) to lightly buff off the excess chalk, then rub the affected area against a clean area of sheepskin to remove the chalky residue
Need to remove stubborn stains?
- For more serious stains such as pen marks - use a colourless eraser to lightly buff away the stain
- If the stain is particularly stubborn, we recommend using a very light sandpaper to gently buff away the colour of the stain. Please be extremely light with sand paper
One of the most common stains that you might have to deal with when it comes to any pair of shoes are scuff marks. These are the marks that happen when something brushes against your shoe, which ends up leaving a mark behind. Follow these steps to clean these marks off your Ugg boots:
- Rub the scuffed area with a dry cloth to remove the dirt (for more stubborn stains you can use a toothbrush)
- Use an Ugg safe spot eraser to remove the scuff mark
- Brush the whole shoe with an Ugg safe suede shoe brush
The biggest snag about wearing Uggs is that they are prone to watermarks. However, there are a few different ways you can easily remove these marks. So you can stop worrying about being caught off guard by the rain while wearing your Uggs. However, if you can avoid wetting your shoes this will help them last longer and maintain their new look. Here are the steps of our favourite method of removing watermarks from Uggs:
- Evenly wet the entire shoe with cold water until the shoe is damp (don’t soak the shoe)
- Place the shoe on a shoe rack away from direct sunlight
- Stuff the boots with a rolled towel or a newspaper while it is drying
- Wait until the shoe is completely dry before wearing it
Mud and Dirt Stains
Whether you have stepped in a muddy puddle or there are some pesky dirt stains that you have noticed on your shoe but have no idea how they have these. You don’t need to worry all you have to do is follow these steps to remove mud and dirt stains from your Ugg boots:
- Make sure the mud is dry before you start the cleaning process
- Rub white chalk on the stained area and leave the chalk to set in overnight
- Use a suede brush and brush following one direction to remove the chalk from the shoe
- Use a clean piece of sheepskin material (the other boot) and rub it against the chalky area to remorse the residue.
When you notice that there is a spot on your shoe that looks slightly darker than the normal colour and looks wet but it’s not wet, then this is probably an oil stain. Oil stains are one of the tougher stains to get rid of when it comes to cleaning your Ugg boots. However, the following method seems to do the trick when it comes to stubborn oil stains:
- Cover the oil spot with white chalk or oil to help absorb the excess oil and leave it to sit overnight
- Use a suede brush to brush away the chalk or powder and remember to brush following one direction.
Note: you may have to repeat these steps a few times before the oil stain is completely removed.
After enjoying the snow while wearing your favourite pair of comfy Ugg boots you might notice a few salt stains on your shoes. Salt stains are the most difficult stain to get rid of which can be frustrating to deal with but these stains can be removed.
There are a few people who remove salt stains using a water and vinegar mixture however, this can damage your shoe in the long run. To prevent this from happening the best thing to do to get rid of salt stains is take your shoes to a professional shoe cleaner.
4 Tips for Protecting UGG Boots
- Buy water repellent spray - this will help protect your Ugg boots from water, mud, and salt stains.
- Remove the stain as soon as possible - try to remove the stain as quickly as you can to prevent it from sitting too long on your boots.
- Get the Ugg care kit - this will help protect your shoes from harsh weather conditions.
- When in doubt get a professional cleaner - if you are unsure about the type of stain or the stain just won’t budge the best thing to do is take your shoes to a professional shoe cleaner.
There are a few different types of stains that may appear on your Ugg boots, luckily there are methods to fix almost all these stains. All you have to do is figure out the type of stain on your boots and follow the steps to treat the stain.
Now that you know exactly what to do when you have a stain on your Ugg boots you will know exactly how to clean them. This means you don’t have to worry about pesky stains preventing you from wearing your Ugg boots any longer.
Find out how to keep them looking brand new before you get those stains!